I was recently interviewed by Dennis Cisterna, a U.S. News & World Report real estate expert who hosts his own Investability podcast dedicated to teaching listeners how to invest like a real estate insider.
During the podcast interview, I shared 5 key tips every real estate investor should know to be successful. You can hear the entire episode on the Investability website (it’s #58), and here’s a summary of what I shared:
1) To succeed at fix-and-flip investing, it’s critical to know the value of your property and to know how much time and money should be spent on improvements.
2) Your success as an investor will be determined by your expertise at researching the market and analyzing in detail your property’s neighborhood and comparables. Doing your homework up front will save time and money in the long run.
3) Choose a lender that does not need to wait for cash from trust deed investors to fund your loan. Anchor Loans has immediate reserves available, and we quickly fund every loan we originate.
4) The investor/lender relationship is only successful with regular, forthright communication. If you communicate often with your lender through all stages of the lending process, they will want to work with you to achieve your goals.
5) Investors should make sure they partner with a lender with longevity and a proven record of success. Anchor Loans operates in 44 states and the District of Columbia and we have successfully weathered economic downturns because we understand the cyclical nature of real estate.
Listen to the entire podcast (Episode #58) or find it on iTunes. The episode can also be downloaded for listening at your leisure. If you’re a current real estate investor, or considering real estate investing, the critical information in this podcast will help you go in with your eyes open, and will highlight the necessity of working with a dependable, trustworthy lender.
For continued insight into today’s fix-and-flip investment market, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, as well as my personal social media accounts including stevepollackceo (Instagram) and @StevePollackCEO (Twitter).