As a valuations specialist, you will play an important role in our lending process, helping us to effectively determine the value of the subject properties being considered. As a member of the valuations team, you will have an opportunity to apply your skills, knowledge and experience, in order to render an appropriate opinion of the relative worth of real estate. This is an outstanding opportunity to learn and grow in the private money lending industry. Some real estate knowledge and/or experience is preferred, but you do not need to be a licensed appraiser.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on property types including (Single Family Residence, Condominiums, Multifamily 1-4 units, manufactured residence) using company proprietary systems and additional data sites.
- Review and analyze market data trends, property tax records and other relevant data.
- Manage deadlines and provide timely reviewed value opinions.
- Communicate with field inspectors to verify property conditions and red flags.
- Communicate with local real estate agents to obtain market specific data and information.
- Train to gain a basic understanding of zoning codes, rent stabilization ordinances, plans, permits, plat maps and restrictions.
- Reviewing estimated construction budgets on a macro level and flagging discrepancies.
- Analyze and re-value properties in the current active portfolio for extensions and loan security.
- Perform administrative duties in support for the Valuations Department.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, and impeccable writing and grammar skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Flexibility to learn and perform various tasks as workflow changes.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- 1-3 years of valuations/and or appraisal experience
Anchor Loans is the premier direct private money lender in California and quickly expanding nationwide! At the core of our company is our proprietary technology. We are seeking a Python Developer to join the quickly expanding Technology team.
The Python Developer will be involved in all aspects of the technology development. The goal of the department is to solve business needs through our proprietary technology solutions. We are constantly improving processes and efficiencies for our operations staff. Anchor is an entrepreneurial company and this position will have significant impact on the future of the business and its technology solutions as we grow and expand our operations nationwide. The ideal candidate will be responsible for development, implementation, and deployment of new data driven web based applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. The Python Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web, BI solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
● Design and implementation for low-latency, highly available, and performant web applications
● Integration with No-SQL databases and distributed systems
● Develop and maintain the software framework and services.
● Contribute to architecture and design activities.
● Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
● Review the requirements and assess the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
● Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
● Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
● Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
● Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
● Closely follow software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of project(s).
● Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
● Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
● Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
● Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environments.
● Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
● Experienced in Python with knowledge on at least one framework like Django, Flask, Jinja, Pyramid etc.
● Knowledge about BI tools like Tableau, Qlikview etc.
● Knowledge about automation tools
● Familiarity with ORM libraries
● Experience working with MongoDB
● Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS
● Thorough understanding of object oriented analysis and design principles
● Experience working with NoSQL databases and distributed systems
● Strong in designing and practicing REST standards while developing APIs
● Proficient in Git
● Analytical abilities
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, math or equivalent is must
● 2+ years of total experience in software development with at least 1 year of experience in Python and Mongo DB
● Strong unit testing and debugging skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work with offshore team
● Ability to multi-task
● Strong communication skills
● Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies
● Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
● 401(k) Retirement Plan With Company Match
● Accrued Paid Time Off
● Casual Dress
● Competitive Year End Bonus
This is your ticket into the real estate industry! This is an entry level position with no experience required, we will provide on-the-job training for the right candidate. Applications with loan experience are welcomed.
Anchor Loans is the premier direct private money lender in California and quickly expanding nationwide! Since 1998, Anchor has provided qualified developers and borrowers with quick bridge financing for non-owner occupied properties. With headquarters in greater Los Angeles and a nationwide network of real estate funding potential, Anchor continues to grow and identify new markets while seeking qualified investors and developers.
Prepares and processes mortgage loan files and correspondence from application through approval. Assures compliance with investor guidelines and customer service standards. Communicates with customers, internal staff, brokers, title companies, etc. to respond to inquiries, resolve problems and obtain all necessary documentation required for the file. No experience required, we are seeking a hard-working, detail oriented, people person to fill this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Entering prospective new loan applications into the loan origination system ordering credit reports, appraisals, escrow instructions, and preliminary title reports; verifications, and any other item required on the loan files.
- Reconciling and organizing all application information received and checking items for qualification; provide status updates, discussing any problems/concerns that may surface relating to credit verification inadequacies, omission of critical documentation, etc., with Borrower Package Coordinators, Underwriters, loan officers and/or supervisor in order to achieve resolution.
- Contacting necessary parties for any items still missing, which may include sending applicant a “Needs list” email and/or calling applicant directly for necessary items or clarification; advising operations manger and loan officer of any problems that are perceived in completing the package in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all files submitted to underwriting are complete, stacked properly and easy to navigate through and understand, allowing the underwriter to complete an evaluation of the file in a timely manner.
- Regular correspondence with all parties related to the transaction both internally and externally. Respond to phone messages and emails in a timely manner.
- Prepare Estimated Settlement Statements and LOI’s as necessary.
- Preparing all paperwork necessary and communicating status of loan documents, fundings and pre-funding loan conditions to all interested parties including escrow, title, brokers, agents, etc.
- Following the flow of the file through the entire system, from initial receipt through funding, to ensure everything is being handled in a timely expeditious manner. May step in to assist in the resolution of any problems that develop throughout the process.
- Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Resolving any problems and conditions on files.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented to handle a large volume of transactions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
Essential Job Requirements:
- Experience: No experience requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent, College Degree preferred.
Required Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously. Must possess accurate typing speed of 40 wpm and the ability to perform clerical and statistical work requiring speed and accuracy. Must possess basic math skills and competent working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and loan processing applications). Must be comfortable on the phones and be a people person.
Join the Anchor Team.
The values of our employees reflect those of the company as a whole. Through constant innovation we work, as individuals and as a team, to improve the quality of our client’s business and the services we provide.
Flexibility is a staple here and we seek the self-motivated, and confident; those unafraid to fail. We believe in the capabilities of one another and trust in each other’s performance. We work hard to play hard.
Everyone’s opinions and ideas matter. Being creative & innovative are characteristics we embrace. Ways we can improve the flow of our process and efficiency are encouraged. We’re independent thinkers with collaborative skills.
Our collective strengths and expertise across the board are some of the best resources in our industry. We are eager to further our knowledge and continue to grow with a common goal: to pave the way for current and future market standards.
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Training & Education Assistance
- Paid Holiday Time Off
- Accrued Paid Time Off – Sick Leave, Comp Time & Vacation Benefits
- Soda Machine, Coffee, Water, Snacks, Monthly Luncheons
- Casual Dress
- Small Company Gyms
- Competitive Year End Bonus
- Employee of the Quarter Recognition
- Company softball team