ANCHOR LOANS, LP
Effective Date: January 1, 2018
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
You may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information in connection with your use of our Platform. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit and use parts of our Platform, but may be unable to access or use certain features, options, programs, products, and services.
Our Platform may include third party content and links to third party websites and services that collect Personal Information. We do not control these third parties and this Policy does not apply to their privacy practices. We are not responsible for the practices of these third parties or how they use information you provide to them. Please read the third parties’ privacy policies carefully.
2. CATEGORIES OF Personal Information we collect
We and our service providers collect a range of Personal Information.
We may collect contact information when you submit an loan application, when you register for services through the Platform, or contact us through email or our website chat feature. For instance, we may collect information including your name, email address, phone number, and address.
We may collect financial information if you apply for a loan, apply for membership in an investment fund, or become an employee, contractor, or vendor of Anchor. Payment information includes your bank account information, credit reports, income, and information reported on state and federal income tax returns.
We may also collect other background Personal Information such as your date of birth, Social Security number, driver’s license number, resume information, and a list of your assets and their value.
We may also collect usage and device information when you visit our Platform. This may include information about the browser, operating system, and/or device identifier for the device you are using, your ISP and IP information, as well as the websites that you came from and the site you visit when you leave.
3. method of Information collection
We collect information in a variety of ways. We collect information directly from you; for instance when you register an account, submit a loan application, or communicate with us through our website chat function or via our SMS and phone line. Similarly, we collect information directly from you when you submit a job application or when you upload documents into our Platform.
We also collect information from you passively. Our Platform uses tracking tools like cookies, pixels, and web beacons. We do this both on our Platform and in emails that we send to you. Through these tools we collect information about users over time when you use our Platform. This collection includes usage and browser information. We may also have third parties collect Personal Information this way. For more information about the trackers that we use, please see Section 5 of this Policy.
4. combining information
We may combine Personal Information we obtain. For example we may combine information that we have collected online with information that we have collected offline, for instance during calls between you and our support team. We may also combine information that we have collected across other third party sites or from other third parties with information we already have. Finally, we combine information across devices.
5. Information Collected Automatically
We collect information about users over time on the Platform by using several common types of cookies and other tracking technologies including web beacons, pixels, and flash cookies. We also have third parties that collect information in this way on our behalf and for their own purposes. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. For more information about cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Web beacons, pixels, and other tracking technologies operate independent of cookies.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ Platforms or apps.” You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
We may use a variety of cookies:
Type of Cookies
Required cookies are essential for the Platform to function properly and for you to navigate our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform and using our services.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Platform, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Platform functions and performs.
Functionality cookies allow the Platform to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Platform after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.
Targeting or Advertising
By way of example, as you visit the Platform, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeted advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Platform.
Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Platform or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that prevents a website from tracking you, as well as additional cookie settings. Our Platform does not currently respond to these signals. If you choose to block cookies and other trackers, certain features of the Platform may not work. Blocking or rejecting cookies will not stop all of the tracking described in this Policy. These features and options are browser and device specific and are not uniform. You can usually find these settings in the options or preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links for commonly used browsers may be helpful, or you can use the help option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
6. Your Choices
You have certain choices about how we use your Personal Information. You can opt-out of certain marketing. To opt-out of marketing communication emails email us at email@example.com or by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our promotional communications. You will continue receiving transactional and relationship related communications, as permitted by law.
7. The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information in a number of ways. For instance we use your Personal Information in order to process your loan application and to perform services you have requested.
We also use your Personal Information to respond to your requests or questions, including questions about our Platform, our products and services, and your relationship with us. This includes communicating with you to review any loan or investment applications and to process and service them, as well as respond to your feedback.
We may also use your information to improve our Platform and services, including customizing your experience with us. We may also use your information for marketing purposes. For example, we may send you information about new features on the Platform, new services we offer, and special offers. When legally permitted, this may also include using your information to serve you ads and to tell you about products or offers available through third parties we think you might find interesting.
Additionally, we may user information for security purposes to protect our company, Platform, and customers. Finally we may use your information for other purposes, as required and permitted by law, including to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements.
8. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following ways and to the following third parties:
- Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with vendors that operate our Platform or send out our email communications. We also use third parties for technical and customer support, application development, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance, and other services.
- Business Partners. We may also share Personal Information with our trusted third party partners. For example, we may share information with partners when we co-sponsor a promotion. These partners may use your information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about services and products. We may also share your information with our business partners in order to obtain better loan rates and terms for your loan.
- From time-to-time, we engage advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand and Platform. Those services may target advertisements on third-party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with our Platform.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Platform, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Fraud and Other Investigations. We may share your information in the course of an investigation or prevent a violation by you related to fraud, illegal or harmful activity, or contractual violation.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person.
We may also share information as described to you in other disclosures relating to additional services we provide.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Information as long as the Personal Information is needed to: (i) fulfill the purposes that are described in Section 7, and (ii) comply with applicable law. Presently, Anchor retains Personal Information and does not delete or destroy it.
10. Data Security
The privacy and security of Personal Information is very important to us. Taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing Personal Information as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, Anchor Loans has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure and to be able to demonstrate that its processing of Personal Information is performed in accordance with applicable law. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Platform is not intended for children. Our Platform is meant for adults and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “CCPA Inquiry.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to, one time annually, request information regarding the disclosure of Personal Information about you by Anchor Loans to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. In your request please indicate that you are a California resident and that you are making a “Shine the Light” request.
In addition, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (effective 2020) (“CCPA”), California residents have certain other rights concerning their personal information. This section describes (1) the categories of personal information, collected and disclosed by Anchor Loans, subject to California privacy law, (2) your privacy rights under California privacy law, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
When we use the term “personal information” in this section, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
(a) Personal Information we Collect.
If you are a California consumer, please be aware that we collect, process, and maintain personal information to fulfill certain business purposes related to our Platform. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use personal information collected for additional purposes without providing you notice. Within the preceding twelve (12) months we and our service providers have and may collect, and you may consent to provide, the categories of personal information set forth below. We disclose each of these categories of personal information with our service providers for our business purposes (to enable the service providers to provide their services) and as otherwise described in the “How We Disclose Personal Information” section above.
- Identifiers (for example, name, postal address, date of birth, email address, IP address, and online identifiers);
- Categories of personal information as defined by Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 (for example, name, signature, Taxpayer Identification Number, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, account numbers);
- Protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, age, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry);
- Commercial information (for example, transaction history);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Sites;
- Geolocation data;
- Sensory data (for example, audio from call recordings);
- Inferences drawn from any information identified above to create a profile.
(b) Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with the CCPA, California consumers may exercise under certain conditions the following four (4) categories privacy rights with respect to their personal information. Please note: you will not be discriminated against in any way by virtue of your exercise of the rights listed below, which means we will not deny goods or services to you, provide a different prices or rates for goods or services to you, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
You have the right to be notified of what categories of personal information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
You have the right to request the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request the categories of personal information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
You have the right to receive the personal information you have previously provided to us.
You can request to have your personal information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your personal information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); (4) to otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To Opt Out
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
(c) How to Exercise Your Rights.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 310-395-0010. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your CCPA rights.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the personal information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf;
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us enough information to verify your identity. For example, provide us (at a minimum) the name or names used for contact with Anchor, an associated property address, or a loan number if Anchor made a loan to you.. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any personal information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Inform us of the delivery mechanism with which you prefer to receive our response. You may specify, for example, email, mail, or through your account (if you have one with us).
Please note that you don’t need to create an account with us in order to make a request to exercise your rights hereunder.
(d) How We Respond to Your Requests.
In all cases, we will respond to your request within 45 days. However, where reasonably necessary, we may extend our response time by an additional 45 days, provided we send you notice of such extension first. We will provide the information to you via your preferred delivery mechanism. If the information is provided to you electronically, we will provide you the information in a portable format and, to the extent technically feasible, in a machine-readable, readily useable format that allows you to freely transmit this information without hindrance.
Please note that we will not charge you for making a request, provided that you make no more than two (2) requests per year. If you make three (3) or more requests in any given twelve (12) month period, we may refuse to respond to such requests, if determined by us to be unfounded or excessive (e.g. repetitive in nature), or we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested. If we refuse to act on the request, we will provide you notice and the reason for our refusal to act.
14. Contacting Us