Senior Python Developer
At the core of our company is our proprietary technology. We are seeking a Senior Python Developer to join the quickly expanding Technology team. The Developer will be involved in all aspects of technological development. The goal of the department is to solve business needs through our proprietary technology solutions. We are constantly improving processes and efficiencies for our operations staff. Anchor Loans is an entrepreneurial company and this position will have a significant impact on the future of the business and its technology solutions as we grow and expand our operations nationwide. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven web-based applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. The Developer II should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web, BI solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- This is 100% remote work from your dedicated home office
- You must be located in Brazil
- You must be able to work within Pacific time zone hours; 1:00pm – 10:00pm BRL time
About Anchor Loans
Anchor Loans is the premier direct private money lender in California and quickly expanding nationwide! Since 1998, Anchor has provided qualified developers and borrowers with quick bridge financing for non-owner occupied properties. With headquarters in greater Los Angeles and a nationwide network of real estate funding potential, Anchor continues to grow and identify new markets while seeking qualified investors and developers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
- Design and implementation for low-latency, highly available, and performant web applications
- Integration with No-SQL databases and distributed systems
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services.
- Contribute to architecture and design activities.
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experienced in Python with knowledge on at least one framework like Django, Flask, Jinja or Pyramid
- Knowledge about automation tools
- Familiarity with ORM libraries
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented analysis and design principles
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and distributed systems
- Strong in designing and practicing REST standards while developing APIs
- Proficient in Git
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Analytical abilities
- 5+ years of total experience in software development with Python
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with offshore team and without supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong English communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies
- 100% Remote
- Work hours: 1:00pm to 10:00pm BRL time
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Competitive Year-End Bonus
- Possibility of traveling to the USA