Full-Stack Python Developer
We are seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver for a Python Software Developer to help us develop and maintain various software products. You will work on and contribute to projects that will allow you to flex your skills in both technical development and team communication.
Your work will mainly be focused on writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team
- This is 100% remote work from your dedicated home office
- You must be located in Brazil
- You must be able to work within Pacific time zone hours; 1:00pm – 10:00pm BRL time
About Anchor Loans
Anchor Loans is the premier direct private money lender in California and quickly expanding nationwide! Since 1998, Anchor has provided qualified developers and borrowers with quick bridge financing for non-owner occupied properties. With headquarters in greater Los Angeles and a nationwide network of real estate funding potential, Anchor continues to grow and identify new markets while seeking qualified investors and developers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
- Design and implementation for low-latency, highly available, and performant web applications
- Integration with No-SQL databases and distributed systems
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services.
- Interact with business analyst to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- 2+ years experience with python
- Good Linux experience
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, Jinja or Pyramid)
- Proficiency in relational databases; Any NoSQL skill is a bonus (particularly MongoDB)
- Proficiency using industry standard 3rd party tools (like Jira, GitHub, and Docker)
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in English written and verbally
- Ability to work autonomously without close supervision
- Must have an easy going personality as well as sense of urgency
- 100% Remote
- Work hours: 1:00pm to 10:00pm BRL time
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Competitive Year-End Bonus
- Possibility of traveling to the USA